Senior Supply Chain Project Engineer
Austin, Texas, US
Job ID: 5568
Ketra, a Lutron Electronics Company, has an immediate opening for a Senior Supply Chain Project Engineer in its Austin, TX facility. In this position, you will interface across functional teams in Austin, will partner with the supply chain team at Lutron headquarters in Coopersburg, PA and will interact with global contract manufacturers. A successful Supply Chain Project Engineer will possess both analytical and clear communication skills to interact with global manufacturers and with the Austin production team to ensure on-time delivery of products to meet or exceed customers’ delivery and quality expectations.
You will be responsible for:
- Integrating the supply base resources with strategic purchasing, supplier quality, engineering and manufacturing to support our growing business
- Managing initialization of Plan for Every Part in Lutron’s enterprise system
- Tactical purchasing
- Supply Chain Change Management
- Data analytics
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the supply chain design for consumer products that will end up directly in the hands of our end users. There are a variety of experiences you will be involved with from day one, including:
- Driving product supply chain design process to drive improvement on quality, delivery, cost, risk, and flexibility for long term success
- Working on the supply chain projects to ensure the material pipeline will be aligned with business needs
- Managing material cutover to optimize the raw material inventory and pipeline risk
- Creating and implementing plans for every part (PFEP) on all existing material and continually improve the PFEP standard work, tools, and methodology with existing product supply chain management team
- Working closely with procurement and supplier quality management team to develop the supply chain competencies for future business
- Staying aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
Does this sound interesting to you?
If so, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Engineering, Industrial Engineering & 2+ Years work experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Operations OR Master's degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency is MS Excel is required. Proficiency in MS Access, SQL and other reporting tools is a plus
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light – from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron’s history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com . EOE/AA.