Manufacturing Technician - Cleanroom
Austin, Texas, US
Ketra, a Lutron Electronics company, has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Manufacturing Technician at our Austin, Texas manufacturing facility. In this role, you will be a key part of the team that operates and maintains our Emitter Line. You will work in a clean-room environment to deliver a key component in the Lutron Electronics product portfolio, meeting the highest standards of quality. The products and systems you make are destined for use in the most cutting edge residential and commercial environments.
In a typical day, you will ensure steady production on the Emitter Line by assisting the line as needed: Modifying die-attach and wire-bond machine programs, training line operators, finding root causes to quality issues & driving their resolutions. You may also support Manufacturing Engineering as they introduce new products. Your first priority will be to act as the Emitter line’s first line of defense to its technical and equipment challenges.
- Drive continuous improvement to the Emitter Line metrics.
- Regularly perform problem solving. Troubleshoot and repair processes to the root cause, fix the root cause in a way that prevents future occurrences of the issue.
- Mentor & train operators on equipment and proper troubleshooting techniques.
- Participate and lead operators in performing quick changeovers
- Operate the Emitter Line equipment when staffing requirements require it.
- Support New Product Introductions (NPIs) and communicate issues found to engineering resources.
- Create and refine die attach and wire bond, convection oven profiles, placement libraries, and AOI libraries.
- Work with Facility Equipment Support to perform certain PM tasks and provide thoughtful suggestions on how to reduce machine downtime.
- Identify the need for and review completion of corrective maintenance by Facility Equipment Support. Assist in development of long-term corrective actions to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Associate’s degree (2yr degree) in electronics or mechatronics with a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- 5+ years’ experience supporting automated processes, maintenance or process development
- 2+ years’ experience in the electronics industry
- Ability to work in a standing position and wear a cleanroom suit throughout the entirety of the work shift
- Ability to understand, support, drive continuous improvement on technically complex machinery and processes.
- Read and understand equipment manuals, process manuals, and SOPs.
- Read and understand electrical schematics, drawings, and part specifications.
- Manipulate spreadsheets and computer-aided design software.
- Knowledge of die attach and wire bonding processes a plus
- Basic English communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated positive Customer Service demeanor and a “Can-Do” attitude.
- Self-starter that can achieve results with minimal supervision, true sense of urgency.
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light – from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron’s history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com . EOE/AA.