Engineering and Test Technician
Austin, Texas, US
Job ID: 5452
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Engineering and Test Technician at our Austin, Texas Engineering office. In this role, you would be a key part of the Engineering team, helping to mock-up, test, and validate high-quality products that maintain and expand our market position as the world leader in automated lighting and shades.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to discover new technologies, design techniques, materials, and aesthetic design. The products and systems you develop are destined for use in the most cutting edge residential and commercial environments.
Our team members contribute to all phases of the product life cycle from initial concept and prototyping to supporting production. The broad scope of opportunities at Lutron allow the curious and hard-working to succeed. We are looking for candidates that have a commitment to learning and developing their own skill set. Ideal candidates are positive self-starters that are open to sharing ideas to contribute to the improvement of the entire team.
- Support Optical, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineers with the execution of hands-on tasks such as prototype assembly, test setup, and test execution
- Collaborate with engineering team members to develop and update test procedures, documentation, validation plans, and part and product specifications
- Learn key technologies such as photometry and colorimetry through on the job training
- Develop visual aids and notebooks to capture work instructions and process steps.
- Generate, record, and present data for team review.
- Multitask at a high level; drive 5-10 small (dynamic) projects in parallel
- Evaluate light and color performance of LED-based luminaires both by visual assessment and by test and measurements
- Apply world class safety practices in all that you do
- Take accountability for product validation with autonomy. Clearly document and report results.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Minimum of 2 Year Associates Degree in a technical discipline with a 3.0
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships within the team and the organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Advanced Excel skills such as Pivot table generation and manipulation
- Ability to quickly learn and interact with industry-specific software and equipment
- Detail oriented and organized
Lutron Electronics' position as the leading manufacturer of lighting worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.