Trade Compliance Coordinator
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 5373
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Trade Compliance Coordinator. In this position, you would be a key part of the Trade Compliance team. T his position is responsible for ensuring all import and export transactions are completed within applicable government rules and regulations. Position will interface with freight forwarders, US customs officers, custom brokers, internal and external customers on all matters pertaining to customs and export regulations.
Contributions & Responsibilities:
- Determine and assign classification HTS code based on Custom regulations and product information
- Maintain the classification database and/or product matrix of goods with the ECCN and Harmonized Tariff Schedule codes of the United States
- Provides procedural guidance to global operations and assist personnel in resolving import/export related issues
- Assist with implementing, updating and maintaining import/export control policies and procedures.
- Work with shipping to implement procedures to ensure import/export compliance
- Assist with import/export training
- Conduct periodic assessments of company and broker performance and import/export activities and direct other business and program activities that impact import/export compliance
- Manage record keeping processes and archive of entry records
- Coordinate daily import/export compliance tasks
- Coordinate with Customs brokers to ensure accuracy of import/export documentation
- Coordinate the release of goods with the broker, carrier, CBP, or other governmental agency examinations that may be required.
- Complete all Free Trade Agreement qualifications
- Other duties as assigned by Team Leader or Manager
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in classification of electronics or brokerage service
- Knowledge of US Export and Import regulations with familiarity in Free Trade Agreements and Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Licensed Customs Broker or Certified Customs Specialist, a plus
- Experience with Global Trade Management tools, a plus
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA