Residential Lighting Product Manager
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 5352
Know the Market, the Business and the Customer
- See, understand, and capitalize on market opportunities, economic patterns, market dynamics, and technology trends
- Establish a deep and active understanding of the competition (with respect to products, strategy, service programs, relationships, business models, etc.), who they are today and will be in the future and what their strengths and weaknesses are versus ours
- Demonstrate a full grasp of Lutron’s business model, sales process, distribution channels, supply chain, and profitability levers
- Become fully immersed in customer and influencer wants/needs and deep understanding of customer journey
Lead Product Roadmap Development
- Connect all the dots (e.g. market data + Lutron business + customer knowledge) to build business cases for new investment
- Steer product team through the complexities of planning and decision-making to converge customer specifications
- Ensure a balanced portfolio from breakthrough innovation to derivatives
- Build engagement, consensus and buy-in across Sales, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and Top Management
- Actively engage in discussions and business management with alliances and partnerships
- Discover customer insights and translate them into growth ideas & actions
- Build & maintain product roadmap based on existing & new research (qualitative & quantitative); be the expert on target audience’ attitudes, behaviors, demographics, needs, barriers and triggers to leverage and create customer insights
- Build insight- and fact-based business cases to gain consensus on priorities
Own Product Launches
- Lead development of product song, marketing plan and campaign plans; paint a compelling picture for customers of our differentiated value proposition
- Rally the organization around the product and launch
- Ensure key learnings (product, process, tools, messaging) from alpha, beta, gamma program are incorporated into the launch and product plan.
Actively Manage the Product Portfolio
- Maximize revenue and profits through entire product lifecycle; plan how to reach new customers/segments
- Continually monitor portfolio (what’s working, what's not, why, and what are we doing about it)
Be passionate Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets Be an innovative thinker Be customer focused Be ethical
- 10 years’ work experience, including minimum of 5 years product management experience
- BS engineering degree required, with business minor or MBA preferred
- Experience generating ideas and developing consensus among cross- functional teams
- Willingness to travel regularly for customer visits, industry events, etc.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to effect organizational change by successfully working with all levels of an organization
- Excellent business acumen; understanding of product economics
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills - ability to empathize with our customers.
- Knowledge of luxury residential business and residential lighting preferred
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double-digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.