Humacao, Puerto Rico, PR
Job ID: 5220
Lutron is looking for a high-energy, collaborative Purchasing Agent to join our team at our manufacturing facility in Humacao, Puerto Rico. In this role, you will be a key member of our global supply chain team. You will help manage the planning and acquisition of raw materials to be consumed in our world class electronics manufacturing facility. You will also be the key communications link between logistics, production control, quality, and engineering; applying your sense of urgency to help maintain our performance commitments to customers.
- Lead a team of buyers and execute the tactical management of a portfolio of raw materials.
- Responsible for the execution of MRP messages, resolve day-to-day issues related to supplier performance and the procurement of raw materials
- Work collaboratively with production planning to ensure that the material availability and production are synchronized
- Reduce cost through supplier relations, value analysis, inventory management, and optimization
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- 4 year degree in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering; MBA preferred
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all degrees earned
- 6 years as a Material Buyer and/or Planner; 3 as a supervisor
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Spanish and English
- Experience in high mix, low volume manufacturing environments, electronic/mechanical industry preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oracle experience preferred
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA