Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 5186
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a passionate and talented Visual Designer at our world headquarters in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania. In this position, you will be a key member of our Visual Design Team where you will apply your keen eye for design to develop aesthetics on digital platforms that delight end users while supporting the functionality of new and innovative product solutions. Your designs will leave a lasting impression on consumers globally, helping maintain our market position as the world leader in automated lighting and shading systems.
You will join a dynamic group of talented specialists in the user experience space to collaborate on the creation and iteration of design options that offer compelling visuals. This emergent team is continuously exploring new technologies, techniques, and design approaches to maintain a fresh perspective and stay adaptable to the evolving needs of our brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Graphic Design, or related field
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0
- 3 or more years of industry experience in the field of Visual Design
- A comprehensive portfolio that showcases your digital designs, demonstrates stylistic diversity and includes examples of digital design work that is now in the market
- Excellent eye for typography, layout, and color with an eye for detail
- Ability to design in different styles to adapt to the needs of the brand
- Collaborative mindset with a proven ability to work with a team to iterate multiple design options
- Ability to effectively communicate design choices and rationale
- Solid knowledge of data visualization and how it applies to creating impactful visual designs
- Sound work ethic with established organizational, time management, and hands-on skills
- Proficiency with Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Motion design
- Web technologies
Lutron software development is driven by creativity and innovation, and this role will be focused on applying your skills and creativity in the following areas:
- Contribute to the development of world-class visual designs for mobile, web and desktop applications through close collaboration with design researchers, interaction designers, software developers, as well as product managers, business leaders, and marketing teams
- Gather design inspiration through research and benchmarking
- Contribute to the creation of design themes that provide the foundation for the visual design and navigation of the product
- Develop a variety of visual styles to support Lutron’s brand and product strategies
- Ensure the work communicates clearly and delights users
- Contribute to the definition and creation of a flexible and coherent design system with component libraries
- Inspire other designers to create world-class work
- Drive to attain a mastery of Visual Design as a discipline and a practice
Lutron’s position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our customers globally has resulted in double-digit growth annually. This growth has allowed us to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to help us service our customers.
Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies, putting us at the forefront of innovating IoT products for smart homes and connected buildings, leaving us with over 4,000 design and product patents.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, continued education, and advancement opportunities.