Strategic Buyer - Mechanical Components
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Lutron is looking for a high-energy, collaborative Strategic Buyer to join our team at our Worldwide Headquarters in Pennsylvania. In this role, you will be a key member of our procurement team, developing supplier relationships globally and negotiating improvements on the delivery and cost of custom mechanical components. You will help manage spend to optimize cost and increase profit margins for our company, making your role vital and one of high visibility. You will also be the key communications link between quality, engineering, supply chain and manufacturing, applying your sense of urgency to help maintain our performance commitments to customers. We will provide on-the-job learning for your areas of responsibility.
- Implement supply chain risk mitigation to improve delivery rate to customers
- Solve emerging supply chain problems, such as logistical challenges, material supply and vendor capability
- Work collaboratively with team members on the execution of supply strategies
- Create and deepen supplier relationships at management and executive levels
- Reduce cost through supplier relations, value analysis, inventory management, and optimization
- Ensure suppliers are meeting our expectations of service level performance
- Help new product teams develop relationships with new and existing suppliers to match product needs with supplier capabilities
- Work with business teams to ensure proper forecasting of components and matching vendor supply
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain management, math, or business
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all degrees earned
- 5 or more years of industry experience in supply chain, operations, engineering, or project management
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double-digit growth. This growth has, in turn, allowed the company to continue to invest in finding and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and processes that drive the creation of new or better products, solutions, and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com.
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics