Technical Assistant 2021 - Boynton Beach, FL
Boynton Beach, Florida, US
Job ID: 5110
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has immediate opening for a Technical Assistant in our Boynton Beach, FL engineering office. In this position, you would be a key part of a new product development team. A successful Technical Assistant will have an interest in technology, have a high standard of performance and quality, be flexible to take on a variety of different tasks, and enjoy working with their hands.
This position will provide you the opportunity to build a career with a high technology company by working in a hands-on environment. You will have the opportunity to perform a wide range of responsibilities to support our engineering, operations, and office management functions. In order to assist with your career development we offer an education reimbursement program so that you can attend college courses to prepare yourself for additional responsibilities and opportunities within the company.
- Follow detailed work instructions to perform basic testing on new products
- Support day-to-day office needs with stocking supplies, managing office maintenance schedules, shipping and receiving of packages, etc.
- Create and track purchase orders for incoming parts during the product development process
- Initiate changes for Bills of Materials or Part Specifications and Material Transfer documentation
- Perform light electrical and mechanical assembly operations
- Take inventory of existing parts and equipment and document and update on a regular basis
- Generate and prototype product labels and literature
- Coordinate office initiatives with IT help desk and electronic scrap recycling
- 0 - 7 years of professional experience
- Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic math skills and computer skills (Microsoft office products)
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to speak, read, and follow work instructions in English
- Desire for continuous learning