Industrial Engineer 2021 - Austin, TX
Austin, Texas, US
Job ID: 5056
Ketra, a Lutron Electronics company, has an immediate opening for an Industrial Engineer / Process Engineer in Austin, TX. In this position, you will be a key member of the Ketra plant operations team and have a direct impact on the company’s competencies to build a scalable, productive and sustainable infrastructure for business growth.
- Drive Continuous Process Improvement projects to increase productivity, reduce lead time, improve quality and cost savings using Lean, SixSigma and Quick Response (QRM) strategies
- Identify the opportunities of improvements, determine the impact quantitatively and qualitatively and lead the project implementations
- Lead the cross-functional changes using Lean tools such as value stream mapping, waste reduction, root cause analysis, A-3 problem solving, project management and Kaizen
- Conduct time and motion studies for setting up time standards
- Lead manufacturing process designs and create standardize processes and tasks
- Lead building analytical and simulation models for production systems for capacity planning, layout and process optimization
- Determine Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and create comprehensive dashboards to monitor the progress and effectively communicate with senior leadership
- Documentation of procedures and one-point lessons
- Be flexible to lead and supervise the production as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Supply Chain or Operations Engineering) with at least a 3.0 GPA
- 0-3 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence, motivate, train, and lead employees
- Must be able to work flexible hours when needed to support business needs
- Strong desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%
- Strong leadership skills, ownership and drive
- MS in engineering, (IIndustrial, Mechanical, Supply Chain or Operations Engineering)
- Experience with software such as AutoCAD, analytical tools such as minitab or other
- 1 year of experience with ERP- E1 Oracle
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment. Advance knowledge of Lean, SixSigma and QRM principles
- Demonstrated strong sense of urgency and ownership to work across boundaries of internal functions, levels as well as external partners
- Ability to self-motivate, strong determination, organized and adaptability
- Critical thinking to find root causes and instigate systemic solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light – from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron’s history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.