Manufacturing Technician - Assembly
Austin, Texas, US
Job ID: 5012
Lutron Electronics has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Technician in our Ketra BEAM facility located in Austin, TX. This position will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team and will work closely with Engineering and Operations. The primary focus of the position will be to support production needs and drive improvement projects to help the facility meet its goals for safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and have a diverse skillset. They will be asked to take on various tasks across the following disciplines: computer/software, electrical, and mechanical. They will have a proven track record of delivering under pressure while maintaining a collaborative environment.
In a typical day you will use your strong communication skills combined with your experience in the assembly and testing of electronic components to:
- Provide immediate response to issues raised during production
- Resolve issues by following procedures developed by Manufacturing, Software and Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved to the appropriate process owner
- Support Manufacturing Engineering in a variety of continuous improvement activities
- Create and update process documentation using various software packages, such as Visio, and Excel
- Implement, create, and share best practices with other Lutron facilities
Lutron-Ketra proprietary manufacturing techniques will require you to understand, correct and improve processes that involve:
- Relational databases supporting production systems (ERP or MRP)
- Validation and safety testing of electronic components
- Manual assembly of electrical and mechanical components
- Safe handling of power tools and moving machinery and the proper use of PPE with ESD sensitive parts
To be successful in the position, you will need:
- Associates degree in a technical field (electronics, electro-mechanical technologies, or similar) with a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong interest in operations and manufacturing
- Willingness to learn methods to diagnose and resolve issues with Windows applications using Task manager and other PC diagnostic software. Previous experience preferred
- Prior experience as a line leader or quality inspector in a production environment.
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light – from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron’s history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com . EOE/AA.