Project Electrical Hardware Engineer 2021 - Corporate Headquarters (PA)
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 4871
Project Electrical Hardware Engineer - Corporate Headquarters (PA)
Do you want to take ownership of high-stakes projects from day one? Are you interested in developing smart, everyday products? Do you care about energy conservation and sustainability?
If so, see below for some of the exciting opportunities that Lutron has to offer.
As an Electrical Hardware Engineer at Lutron you will:
- Develop mastery in multiple electrical areas such as:
- Circuit design
- Analysis and testing
- Building prototypes, theoretical models and PCB design
- International standards qualification
- Designing for manufacturability
- Gain a diversity of experiences by working in different areas like:
- Power electronics
- Analog circuit design
- Electric motors
- Embedded development
- Work in a collaborative and challenging environment with opportunities to:
- Participate in PCB design process, product design reviews, and creating and leading product test plans
- Build expertise through on-the-job coaching and supervision
- Innovate high quality products that are used by real people
- Collaborate with teams in other engineering disciplines and other departments such as sales and operations, to gain exposure to the strategic impact of your projects.
- Be challenged with real world engineering projects from day one
- Get significant ownership and engage in all phases of new product development
Does this sound interesting to you?
If it does, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Fundamental understanding of discrete circuitry and physics; power electronics experience is a plus
- Interest in designing, developing and testing components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices etc.
- Desire to work collaboratively while also thriving in your professional career development
- Willingness to travel – examples include visiting and troubleshooting job sites, overseeing manufacturing at facilities, taking offsite training courses, accompanying a salesperson to showcase products to customers
- Strong work ethic and hands-on attitude
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Driven self-starter who is goal-oriented, inquisitive and flexible
- Quality focused with the ability to work under pressure
Lutron is the worldwide leader in lighting, automated shade and temperature controls, with headquarters in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania and engineering offices in Boston, Philadelphia, South Florida and Austin. We are a privately held manufacturing company with over 4000 design and product patents. We are at the forefront of innovating IoT products for smart homes and connected buildings. We provide solutions for residences that span from 500 sq. ft apartments to 10,000 sq. ft homes and commercial solutions for small office spaces to entire building complexes such as the New York Times Building, Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Empire State Building and the Guggenheim Museum.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.lutron.com
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics