Lutron SM Manufacturing Quality Manager
Humacao, Puerto Rico, PR
Job ID: 4865
Lutron Puerto Rico Manufacturing Quality Manager
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Quality Manager in our Puerto Rico facility. In this position, you would be a key part of the plant leadership team. A successful Quality Manager will have a customer focused attitude, drive continuous improvement projects, be a self starter, and be able to build a culture of quality.
- Creating and reinforcing the culture of quality in the facility required to meet and achieve Lutron’s world-class quality objectives
- Leading the plant quality organization in both tackling the day-to-day issues (containment, corrective actions, and systemic improvements for quality issues using 8Ds) as well as strategic improvement projects to help the factory achieve its goals for quality metrics.
- Working closely with product teams and/or other plants to make sure that there is a smooth transition when developing and transferring products into or out of your facility.
- Preparing and presenting weekly and monthly quality reports that accurately and completely communicate the challenges and performance of the plant and elevating when results are above alert lines.
- Driving adherence to procedures in the plant, and continuous improvement of procedures and standard work practices in the plant and globally as quality improvement projects are driven.
- Driving continuous improvement and standard work by driving process improvements and updating documentation to reflect the new standard process
- Strategic planning for plant quality including vision, mission, objectives. Tracking projects, driving consensus on priorities, and communicating status updates.
Driving improvement to facility training and documentation in conformance with corporate documentation policy, which drives standardization of processes.
Supervision and development of quality team personnel to help the facility get to the next level of quality performance and effective use of resources.
Leading the control on non-conforming material, quality hold locations, and quality control processes such as approvals/review for run memos, product transfers, and run evaluations.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Physics, or Math?
Minimum 10+ years work experience in Engineering, Operations, or Quality in a manufacturing/distribution setting
5 years of experience in Quality or Operations
SMT and electronics manufacturing experience a plus
A leader with a passion for excellence and a strong sense of ownership who will relentlessly drive the Quality agenda and act as Lutron’s Quality Ambassador in the facility
Superior communication and influencing skills, across departments and regions
Bilingual English and Spanish verbal and written communication
High level of problem solving and attention to detail
Knowledge of quality improvement tools, lean manufacturing concepts, ISO 9000, and continuous improvement a plus
High urgency levels and good fit to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE.