Electronics Assembler / Technical / Materials Assistant
Alburtis, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 4857
Electronics Assembler / Technical Assistant
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has immediate openings for Technical Assistants on our 2nd shift performing Electronics Assembly duties at our manufacturing facility or distribution center. In this position, you would be a key part of the Assembly Production team. A successful Technical Assistant will have an interest in technology, have a high standard of performance and quality, a desire for continual learning and enjoy working with their hands.
This position will provide you the opportunity to build a career with a high technology company by working in a hands-on environment. Lutron production operators will have the opportunity to work in various departments while performing a wide range of responsibilities to support our engineering, production assembly, and packaging operations. As part of your career development you will rotate through our multiple departments, gaining exposure to the broad range of equipment, processes, and technologies employed in our products. In order to assist with your career development we offer an education reimbursement program so that you can attend college courses to prepare yourself for additional responsibilities and opportunities within the company.
- Follow detailed work instructions to build and package products
- Assemble custom products to meet the needs of our worldwide customers
- Learn how to identify electronic components and hand-solder circuit boards
- Learn our inventory management system and enter materials transactions
- Perform light electrical and mechanical assembly operations
- Work with our supply chain and distribution teams to process customer orders
- Work with material handling equipment to transport materials
- Ability to learn and apply new tasks quickly
- Flexibility to work on 2nd shift (3:30p.m. to midnight) and overtime as required
- Related technical training or previous work experience in electronics assembly
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions in English
- Desire for continuous learning
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.