Cloud Software Engineer - Corporate Headquarters
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 4823
Coopersburg, PA // Philadelphia, PA
Lutron is a technology-centric, people driven organization focused on developing solutions that maintain our market position as the world leader in IoT devices that automate lighting, shading and temperature. As a member of our cross-functional engineering team, you will conceive, design and develop innovative and intuitive software systems that help users save energy, improve comfort, and enhance the functionality of every space. In this role, your unique talents will help us discover new technologies, design techniques, and process improvement methods to bring elegant solutions to our customers.
You will be working on
- Designing and developing robust cloud software to power Lutron – ranging from our IoT systems to our design tools and eCommerce site
- Using API-driven design to improve our connected system experience
- Building cloud infrastructure leveraging AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Golang and C#
- Building world class applications providing an exquisite user experience
- Implementing highly responsive, distributed and secure systems
- Looking for innovative opportunities to bring new techniques, processes, and technologies
- Keeping on top of emerging technology trends, especially related to IoT, cloud and smart home technologies
Your skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, object-oriented programming concepts, algorithm design and run-time analysis
- Experience with distributed cloud services and REST APIs
- Expertise in at least one cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google cloud)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) software development
- Experience with automation and management tools such as Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code (IAC), and GIT
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double-digit growth. This growth has, in turn, allowed the company to continue to invest in finding and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and processes that drive the creation of new or better products, solutions, and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com .