Allentown, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 4809
Want to have a career not just a job? Are you interested in technology? Want to work for a company that will invest in you? Want to work for a world-leader that is essential to this country's infrastructure?
Learn more about the Materials Assistant Development Program at Lutron Electronics.
- Join a world leading, growing and innovative company right here in the Lehigh Valley.
- Build knowledge and skills working in various warehouse departments while learning a wide range of responsibilities to support our distribution and warehouse operations
- Advance your skills and career by taking advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has immediate openings for Materials Assistants on our 2nd shift at our distribution facility near Fogelsville. In this position, you will learn various materials handler tasks and would be a key part of the Operations team. You will build a career with a high-tech company working in a hands-on environment. You will have the opportunity to rotate through multiple departments, gaining exposure to the broad range of equipment, processes, and technologies employed in our operation.
Take advantage of our tuition reimbursement program. Lutron offers an education reimbursement program so that you can take college courses to prepare yourself for additional responsibilities within the company, helping you to reach your full potential for continued growth within our company.
- Utilize RF technology to perform distribution functions such as picking, packing and shipping orders, receiving, put away and stock replenishment
- Operate material handling equipment such as turret trucks, order pickers and powered pallet jacks, or as a forklift operator
- Learn our inventory management system and enter materials transactions
- Work with our supply chain and distribution teams to process customer orders
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Flexibility to work 2nd shift (3:30 p.m. to midnight) and overtime as required
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions in English
- Desire for continuous learning
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in a history of significant growth. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.