Equipment Maintenance Technician
Austin, TX, US
Job ID: 4806
Ketra, a Lutron Electronics company, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician in Austin, TX. In this position, you will be the expert in understanding manufacturing equipment function and driving the corrective and preventative maintenance program.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse skillset, as they will be asked to work on several different types and models of SMT tools, wire bond, and die attach machines. They are expected to be competent and knowledgeable of computer systems and must follow safe work practices by use of proper PPE and adherence to OSHA procedures.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Conduct scheduled preventative maintenance on machinery and testers to maintain a safe and reliable environment for the work force
- Manage preventative maintenance systems
- Own the Lock-Out-Tag-Out program
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or similar
- 5 years of experience conducting scheduled preventative and corrective maintenance on electronics assembly equipment
- Experience with mechanical drawings, specifications, electrical schematics, and diagrams
- Solid understanding of electro-mechanical principles
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to diagnose communication issues on software-based control systems
- Documentation skills to comprehensively record all maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Must have some flexibility with work schedule but normal hours will be 7am-3pm
Skill Set Priority Mix:
- 60% Electrical/Electronics
- 30% Mechanical
- 10% Computers/software
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light – from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron’s history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.