Embedded Software Engineer - Corporate Headquarters
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 4777
Coopersburg, PA // Philadelphia, PA
Lutron is a technology-centric, people driven organization focused on developing solutions that maintain our market position as the world leader in IoT devices that automate lighting, shading and temperature. As a member of our cross-functional engineering team, you will conceive, design and develop innovative and intuitive software systems that help users save energy, improve comfort, and enhance the functionality of every space. In this role, your unique talents will help us discover new technologies, design techniques, and process improvement methods to bring elegant solutions to our customers.
You will be working on
- IoT Edge systems to design and implement customer customer-facing software capabilities
- Building embedded applications on ARM architecture using C++, Go, and Linux
- Using interface-driven design to unify business functions across multiple teams and technologies
- Architecting stable, efficient and scalable platforms upon which world-class embedded software applications can be built.
- Researching emerging technology trends and working with external consultants to improve the overall software offering at Lutron
- Building world class IoT systems providing an exquisite user experience
- Implementing loosely coupled, scalable, resilient and secure systems
- Providing technical leadership and mentorship to a development team
- Looking for innovative opportunities to apply new techniques, processes, and technologies
- Keeping on top of emerging technology trends, especially related to IoT and smart home technologies
Your skills and qualifications
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, object-oriented programming concepts, algorithm design and run-time analysis
- Multi-threaded, asynchronous and concurrent application design and development
- High-level programming languages such as C++, Go, and Python
- Fundamental database design principles
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double-digit growth. This growth has, in turn, allowed the company to continue to invest in finding and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and processes that drive the creation of new or better products, solutions, and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com.