RF Design Engineer
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Job ID: 4692
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced RF Electrical Engineer at our worldwide headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering development team, developing innovative RF electrical designs, wireless system blocks, and protocol developments for our wireless lighting and energy control systems.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to discover new technologies, computing techniques, new hardware technology, and process improvement methods. Products and systems you develop are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when these goals are met.
- Develop and test new RF circuit designs for use in advanced wireless lighting control systems
- Develop system blocks and RF integration into existing systems to improve the performance of new wireless systems and deliver robust communication solutions
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while working closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality wireless products to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, RF circuit design, design reviews, testing, and trouble-shooting
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good RF design principles, process improvements, safety, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 3 or more years of industry experience in the field of RF circuit and/or system development
- Thorough knowledge of RF electrical engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various RF design and testing protocols
- Strong working knowledge of RF circuit design and testing advanced new digital protocols.
- Excellent communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Experience with digital wireless communications such as Wi-Fi/LTE is a plus
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE.