Office Assistant - Boston
Boston, MA, US
Job ID: 4556
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Office Assistant in our Boston, MA Engineering Office to partner with members of our engineering team. In this position, you would be a key part of the engineering support team including senior leaders. A successful Office Assistant conserves the engineer's time and promotes the corporate image by representing the senior leaders internally and externally; acting as a liaison between the senior leaders, other key leaders, customers, and employees.
- Represents the senior leadership team by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests.
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling the air travel; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations; submitting and reconciling expense reports.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Produces and distributes correspondence, meeting minutes, memos, letters and other communications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Enhances the senior leadership team and corporation's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Associate's Degree, preferred
- Experience coordinating calendars, travel logistics, meetings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong organization, problem solving and planning skills
- History of promoting process improvement and leading change while overcoming roadblocks
- Worked part time in a dynamic, fast-paced professional environment
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with a variety of software based systems (e.g. HRIS, ERP, Salesforce.com)
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.