Interaction Design Leader
Lehigh Valley, PA, US
Job ID: 4404
The User Experience team at Lutron is a group of creative, diverse, and human-centered designers. The team works collaboratively to create innovative and intuitive solutions in the smart building industry.
Lutron has been at the forefront of developing smart building solutions for more than 20 years and is now a key part of the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Lutron is dedicated to delivering world class experiences by understanding customer needs and using that as a foundation for design
What you will do at Lutron
- Provide creative leadership to build products and services with world class user experience
- Mentor and lead a team of UX designers
- Collaborate with business and engineering to shape the user experience vision and strategy
- Manage design quality and resources across multiple UX projects and proactively resolve obstacles
- Stay up to date on latest UX design practices and continuously evolve the design process and tools to adapt to changing needs
- Hire and onboard UX designers to continue to grow UX team
What we are looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Engineering Psychology, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or Digital Media
- 10+ years of work experience as a user experience designer or a similar function creating excellent products and services
- 5+ years of work experience leading, managing, and mentoring design teams
- Expertise in user research, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design, demonstrable via an online portfolio
- Strong ability to drive UX design across the organization projects and build consensus among business and engineering
- Passion and expertise in utilizing emerging technologies to create excellent design solutions
- Strong planning skills including the ability manage bandwidth, maintain high level roadmaps, and handle competing priorities
- Has expertise in hiring world-class UX designers
Lutron is a human and technology-centered and people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The industry is born: Our founder’s first invention of an energy saving solid state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control systems for every market : Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Günzburg), NASA Headquarters, and multiple others.
- Smart connected systems and IoT : Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest, IFTTT, and multiple others.
- Foster sustainability, save energy, and protect the environment : Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
Why Lutron is a good place for design
- Over the last 55 years, Lutron has innovated thousands of new products and has a broad repertoire of 4000+ design and product patents.
- We develop our hardware and software, which enables us to provide a superior end-to-end experience for our users.
- We have a rich heritage of pursuing human-centered design and have won hundreds of product and design awards.
- We have a collaborative culture, where you’ll be working with engineers, product managers, and a diverse group of designers who have expertise in both hardware and software design.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com.