Tool & Test Engineer
Lutron Ketra has an immediate opening for a Tool and Test Engineer. In this position, you would be a key part of the Global Supply Chain team. A successful Tool and Test Engineer will use cross-functional leadership, technical knowledge, and clear communication to ensure engineering and production teams meet or exceed customers’ delivery and quality expectations.
- Drive tooling and tester design to deliver innovative solutions with superior quality and value to the customer
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary engineers including product engineers, software developers, and manufacturing engineers to develop testers, and tools required in electronic product manufacturing
- Integrate with the product development teams to incorporate best practices about Design for Testing
- Manage third party manufacturers
- Spec, Design, install, qualify and troubleshoot, production and test equipment
- Develop schematics and tester layout to support fabrication of tooling
- Ensure SAFETY of production personnel through design decisions and component selection
- Develop hardware and automated test program used in design validation and production
- Write and execute test and qualification plans, analyze data with statistical validity. Determine process capability
- Document tools for sustainable use and maintenance
- Learn new electrical design skills, technologies, and 3rd party integration techniques
- Communicate and resolve engineering and quality issues with local and international vendors
- Work closely with Lutron's worldwide manufacturing facilities to ensure successful product transfer among facilities
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MS degree a plus
- Experience with the Electronics manufacturing industry
- Software development knowledge including C/C++/C# & .NET Framework, PERL or Python is a plus
- GUI development is a plus
- An innovator, builder and tinkerer
- Rapid prototype experience
- Leadership experience within a team or project and managing priorities with urgency
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess a curious mind and a drive to succeed
- Strong ability to converge problems and build consensus across the organization
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement philosophies such as Lean, SixSigma
- Willingness to travel 10%-15% of the time.
Lutron Ketra has revolutionized the lighting industry through the creation of a new category: Natural Light. From the energizing midday sun to the familiar, soothing glow of a candle, Natural Light changes throughout the day, following the formula created by nature, so that we live happier, more productive lives. Ketra brings Natural Light into the built environment, and influences our overall wellness where we live and work.
Lutron Ketra is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and offers competitive salary and benefits. We also offer a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and professional work environment. EOE/AA.