System Sales Engineer - Europe
Europe System Sales Engineer - London Based
Learn and become an expert in all of Lutron's Lighting Control Systems. Be able to explain at the expert level, the Lighting Control market place standards and energy initiatives. Teach our customers and employees how Lutron's products help customers meet them.
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a London based Area System Sales Engineer. In this position, you would be a key part of the sales team. A successful System Sales Engineer will ….
- Supporting the generation of profitable sales:
- The sales force can rely on the Systems Sales Engineers to educate themselves on how to best utilize Lutron solutions in new and existing buildings. The Systems Sales Engineer can also be called upon to help present the more challenging / complex Areas of Lutron’s product portfolio.
- Systems Sales Engineers will be knowledgeable on the latest new product offerings from Lutron assisting product managers in the communication of technical information to our sales force and as needed, our customers. They will also be familiar with equipment Lutron frequently integrates with.
- They can be called upon to assist our sales force in delivering Lutron messaging, Lutron Difference and our Energy Story with the goal of bringing more credibility or technical detail to the sale.
- They are a resource for the sales team on technical issues including the application of Lutron products to meet customer needs, integration issues (BMS, new light sources, BACnet, IT) and competitive issues.
- Systems Sales Engineers are also a key resource in helping our reps and sales people understand the best ways to provide a solution that meets the customers’ sequence of operations needs while providing a great ROI for the customer.
- They will be familiar with competitive systems and act as a consultant to salespeople to help with spec defense, job defense and other competitive situations.
- Communicating product/feature needs to CB:
- They will attend meetings to share customer feedback with engineering and the business units that will influence our new product designs and platform derivatives.
- When not working with customers, Systems Sales Engineers will assist in gathering and analyzing competitive product information, sharing information with others at Lutron, taking trainings to ensure they are up on the latest Lutron and industry related products and participating in meetings.
- An Area Systems Sales Engineer will spend up to 50% of their time traveling to various sales and customer locations requiring an over-night stay.
- Systems Sales Engineers are expected to stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
o Be passionate
o Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
o Be an innovative thinker
o Be customer focused
o Be ethical
- Degree Requirements and preferred education: BS in Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- Required Experience: defining and executing engineering product development projects. Target at least 4-6 years experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Enjoys helping people and accomplishing goals
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
- European language ( French, Spanish or Italian) and English speaking
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com . EOE.