Senior Supply Chain Engineer
Ketra, a Lutron Electronics company, has an immediate opening for a Senior Supply Chain Engineer in Austin, TX. In this position, you will be one of the key leaders of Ketra’s global operations team and have a direct impact on the company’s important metrics of quality, delivery and total cost. Also, this position tangibly and positively impacts the first principle of the company: taking care of customers by delivering superior quality goods and services.
- Lead procurement, supplier development and quality:
- Responsible for quality, delivery and total cost of the raw material supply chain. Making sure of optimum raw material availability to maintain the highest on-time deliveries of finished products to customers.
- Create and use analytical models and statistical analytical tools to achieve high accuracy in forecasting.
- Play a key role in developing new suppliers and distributors globally to gain competitive advantage.
- Work closely with the global logistics team to understand compliance requirements for raw materials. Monitor and develop strategies for mitigating duties and tariffs.
- Drive permanent corrective actions throughout supply chain.
- Develop supplier score cards and hold them accountable.
- Champion MRP setups:
- Implement and maintain ERP/SAP system settings to execute supply chain strategies.
- Apply strong understating about functioning of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to optimize material planning parameters.
- Maintain data integrity to drive accurate and timely requirements.
- Planning and scheduling:
- Responsible for overseeing production planning and scheduling activities for the plant.
- Responsible for overseeing the customer service champion function. Maintain responsive communication to serve customer needs in a timely manner.
- Drive continuous improvements:
- Instigate, design and develop supply chain strategies using lean, SixSigma principles for inventory and logistics optimization to increase responsiveness and to manage and mitigate risks while reducing the total cost.
- Identify and recommend integrated supply chain information technology solutions.
- Determine Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and create comprehensive dashboards to monitor the progress and effectively communicate with senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Industrial, Supply Chain, or related discipline) with at least a 3.0 GPA
- 6-8 years of experience in a supply chain/operations/manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience with large scale, transformational projects
- 2-3 years of experience with ERP/SAP
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%
- MBA/MS in engineering, (Industrial, Supply Chain, or related discipline)
- Demonstrated ability to take on direct reports and develop a team
- Exposure to stock and flow as well as build to order environments
- Advance knowledge of Lean, SixSigma and QRM principles
- Demonstrated strong sense of urgency and ownership to work across boundaries of internal functions and levels, and external partners
- Ability to be self-motivated, determined, organized and adaptable
- Critical thinking to find root causes and instigate systemic solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- 3 year of experience with ERP- E1 Oracle
- Experience with reporting tools such as Cognos and Vista
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light – from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron’s history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.