Supplier Quality Engineer - Textiles
Lutron GL Electrics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd Job Description
职能(Section): Supplier Quality 职务(Title): Supplier Quality Engineer
部门(Department): Quality 汇报对象(Function Reports to): CB Supplier Quality Manager
汇报对象(Operation Reports to): Quality Manager
- Bachelor’s degree, major in textile engineering
- Knowledge of the quality root cause and corrective action techniques
- Familiar with ISO 9001, ISO 14000, OSHA
- Ability to understand a wide range of engineering issues (manufacturing, mechanical, and electrical)
- Knowledge of statistic engineering, capable to use SE tools quantify product quality performance
- Dynamic communication skill required, capable to communicate with all level staff from both supplier and internal customer
- Self-motivated, independent and well organized
- Willing to travel, request 25% travelling
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in quality and manufacturing for this position.
We are looking for a person who is a strong communicator at all levels (factory operator to executive) to build strong relationships with high quality suppliers. The suppliers will be located globally. This person will work with existing suppliers to improve the quality of their product/processes. We are looking for a textile engineer who can work with Steven Zhou (SQE) and John Browne (Strategic Purchasing) in CB to manage relationships in North America, Europe, Australia and China. Travel and global communication is key. The types of suppliers will be fabrics as well as others such as electronic companies given our current supplier base in Asia in conjunction with other members of the SQE team. The percentage of time spent on fabric suppliers will increase as our fabric supplier base in Asia grows.
- Responsible for planning and execution of supplier audits, assessments, and supplier performance measurements.
- Tracking of suppliers’ action plans based on audit findings.
- Manage and review structural supplier quality issues (CAR/8D) with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Implement improvement activities/projects with the suppliers.
- Control suppliers’ quality performance and drive for supplier continuous quality improvement.
- Identification of supplier's gaps and establishment of development plans with focus on management system, quality, delivery, waste reduction, design capabilities, product and manufacture controls.
- Identify high risk and critical to quality suppliers, establish quality control approaches and supplier development plans with relevant suppliers. Assure supplier’s process provides outstanding product quality throughout the product life cycle.
- Formulate and prepare supplier quality performance report. Present report to international team
- Drive quality awareness to all personnel in department. Provide support and assistant in quality related issue and problem solving with Manufacturing Engineering / Manufacturing Quality.
- Guide IQC in receiving inspection activities and provide technical support for quality related issues.
- Other duties as assigned by management (both Asian and headquarters operations).