Supplier Operations Manager
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Supplier Operations Manager with at least 8 years of experience in a combination of Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing. This individual will be responsible for the quality, delivery, and cost performance of suppliers of manufactured product to Lutron. The position will report into the Sr. Director of Global Manufacturing Improvement with dotted line responsibility into Corporate Quality, and the Sr. Director of Supply Chain
Contributions & Responsibilities:
- Owns the relationship and the quality, delivery, cost performance of supplier-manufactured goods.
- Works across Lutron’s Engineering, Quality, Operations, and Business teams to ensure that specifications, business terms, and annual performance goals make sense for all parties. Collaborate with suppliers and drive improvement plans to yield mutual benefit and goal attainment.
- Own the manufacturing and field quality of Supplier Manufactured Goods, review performance monthly and develop mitigation plans where performance does not meet goals.
- The supplier operations manager will partner with Lutron’s supplier quality assurance organization to complete onsite audits and conduct detailed follow up on improvement plans
- The supplier operations manager will lead the introduction of new supplier-manufactured products and work across departments in activities such as: SKU rationalization, lead make vs. buy decisions, and ensure clear expectations are set with all parties.
- Ensure that any disruptions in quality, delivery or cost are addressed quickly, with action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years total experience, in a combination of Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing
- Good Negotiation skills
- The ability to influence and lead others to achieve shared goals
- Excellent knowledge of electronics manufacturing best practices and quality systems
- Experience in high reliability product design and manufacturing is a plus
- Flexibility - Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Initiative - Drive to proactively meet internal and external customer needs.
- Self-motivated with high amount of personal energy and a passion for excellence.
- Determination - Perseverance to accomplish given goals in the time allotted regardless
- of obstacles.
Thoroughness - Follow-through to complete all critical tasks on projects to ensure success.
- Creative Problem Solving - A passion to address complex needs, tasks or issues and develop creative solutions.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Willingness and ability to travel 25-50%. Travel to remote locations is likely and may be with short notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA