Standards Development Manager
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. is looking for a full time manager of international standards and regulations. This position will be in the Lutron Standards Development Team which ensures that Lutron stays ahead of industry trends in standards and regulations by engaging with organizations that drive changes to standards and regulations. The successful applicant will be a knowledge expert on the coordination, communication, and internal position development of standards and regulations essential to continued growth of Lutron business. In this role you will facilitate and/or perform market research to determine changes in standards and regulations globally, will work to influence those standards and regulations and will work with the Standards Team to communicate those changes to internal stakeholders. A significant focus will be on environmental standards including restricted materials, extended producer responsibility, green labeling and circular economy.
- Research trends in international standards and regulations, with a focus on environmental, both individually and with the help of regional team members, trade associations, and consultants.
- Own the development of a heat map that highlights the key risks and opportunities in standards and regulations for use in setting priorities and resource allocation.
- Drive the evaluation of business impact and formation of goals for potential standards development activities by working with cross organizational teams.
- Stay aligned with the progress of prioritized activities and effectively communicate key milestones and setbacks throughout.
- With a focus on environmental standards, coordinate the development of mitigation plans and maintain oversight of progress across multiple Lutron organizations
- Staying aligned with Lutron’s culture and values.
- BS/BA degree with above a 3.0 GPA
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in international standards or regulations, with a preference for experience in environmental
- Communicate, both verbally and visually, in a clear and concise manner
- Have demonstrated ability to work through an organization to achieve cross-functional outcomes
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com.