Sr Embedded Software Engineer
At Lutron Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light – from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete reimagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer with a strong programming background in C and C++ to build the firmware and software at the heart of our lights and home-built calibration process.
This role reports to Director of Firmware and Software Engineering.
- Build the core firmware engine that runs our lights
- Design and implement system-level communication across various interfaces and networks, including ZigBee, GreenPHY, and Ethernet/Wifi, as part of an intelligent, responsive IoT system
- Develop software in C# for system verification and validation
- Work closely with electronics and systems engineers to develop and debug system-level solutions
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 3.5 or higher GPA
- 5-10 years of embedded software experience
- Strong C/C++ programming background
- Strong desire to work with a cross-functional team to build and understand a complex system, involving both hardware and software
- Comfort using a oscilloscope to characterize and debug timing and interfaces
- Experience programming in multithreaded/RTOS environments
- Systematic test and debugging thought process
- Drive to get to the root cause of an issue
- Commitment to learning, developing, and upholding engineering best practices
Lutron Ketra is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and offers competitive salary and benefits. EOE/AA.