Senior Visual Designer
Lehigh Valley, PA
New Hire Posting - Senior Visual Designer
In 1961, Mr. Spira introduced the 1st solid state dimmer to the market. With passion and vision, Mr. Spira and the Lutron Team grew the company to be the world leader in lighting control solutions for residential and commercial markets. As our company continues to grow and invest in new product development, we are also expanding our Visual Design Team and investing in User Experience. This is where you come in. As a Senior Visual Designer, you will have an opportunity to contribute to new digital products that we are developing for Mobile, Web and Desktop applications. We are looking for a passionate and talented designer to apply their skills to new and innovative software products for our customers. This is a great time to get involved in this emerging area for Lutron!
Requirements for this position include:
- BA/BS in Visual Design, Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Web Design or related field
- 5 to 8 years of industry experience in the field of Visual Design
- A comprehensive portfolio showing your own visual design work on Mobile, Web and Desktop applications that demonstrates stylistic diversity and includes examples of product work that is now in the market.
- Ability to design in different styles in order to adapt to the needs of the brand
- Strong knowledge of data visualization and how it applies to creating great visual designs
- Strong ability to communicate design choices and rationale as well as an ability to effectively communicate a range of ideas and processes
- A collaborative mindset with a strong ability to work with team members as well as other disciplines
- Excellent eye for typography, layout and color with an eye for detail
- Motion design is a plus
- Experience in advertising and marketing is a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to take direction from others while also being able to work independently
- Strong work ethic with great organizational and hands on skills
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects & XD
- Knowledge of web technologies
This role will require you to use your skills in the following areas:
- Develop a variety of visual styles to support Lutron’s brand and product strategies
- Contribute to the development of world-class visual designs for interactive software applications including Mobile, Web and Desktop through close collaboration with Design Researchers and Interaction Designers.
- Actively collaborate across the organization including Leaders, Product Managers as well as Marketing and Communications teams to develop solutions that address customer needs and to get broad buy-in and alignment on the visual design.
- Ensure the work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Engage in collaborative discussion and justify design decisions with good rationale. Provide effective feedback and flexibility to synergize with others ideas and inputs.
- Gather inspiration through research and benchmarking.
- Contribute to the creation of design themes that will influence the visual design and navigation of the product.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries
- Present creative concepts and designs and communicate rationale to the team and stakeholders
- Understand brand strategy including the critical components that drive them and the key players involved
- Translate and extend with guidance the brand identity system to digital touchpoints
- Inspire other designers to create world-class work
- Drive to attain mastery of Visual Design as a discipline and a practice
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com.