Senior Internal Auditor
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Internal Auditor to join our growing internal audit team. This person will be a key part of the Internal Audit Team. The Senior Auditor will help to build the Internal Audit Function and will have input into the department’s strategy. The Senior Auditor must be able to champion internal controls and corporate governance concepts throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting to all level of management. The Senior Auditor is responsible for designing and executing global internal audits. He/she will also assist in overseeing co-sourcing partners.
- Design risk-based audit work programs to identify internal control deficiencies and breakdowns. Utilize internal and external resources to identify industry best practices.
- Oversee and execute internal audits in the areas of Manufacturing, Operations, Accounting, Sales, Engineering, and Legal/Compliance. Perform process walk throughs and testing of controls.
- Partner with all levels of staff to identify the root cause of control breakdowns and create recommendations which would reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Draft internal audit reports focusing on process improvements. Deliver audit reports to the auditee and management and openly discuss the observation, associated risks, recommendation and agreed upon management action plan.
- Have the ability the to build consensus within the organization, that effectively advances the Internal Audit Function and creates improved internal controls
- Follow up on management action plans to ensure that controls are implemented and risks have been appropriately mitigated.
- Provide advice and guidance to various departments during implementation of new business processes or tools.
- Participate in creating the risk-based annual audit plan and presentations for quarterly Audit Committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Information Systems or Finance. CPA or MBA
- Minimum 5-years of work experience, in public accounting or internal auditing
- Expertise in internal control concepts required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting concepts
- Experience supporting / developing annual audits by protecting the company assets:
- Physical - Financial - Intangibles
- Implement internal controls and ensure processes aer effective and efficient
- Build relationship with external auditors and advisors
- Drafit internal audit reports
- Follow up managment action plans to ensure that controls are implemented, and risks have been appropriately mitigated
- Provide guidance during implementation of new processes or tools
- Willingness to travel approximately 15%
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA