Senior Electrical Hardware Engineer
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Hardware Engineer at our world headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering development team, developing innovative and high quality products for lighting and energy control systems.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group at an exciting time in the lighting industry — learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to develop new innovations and product concepts, discover new technologies and process improvement methods. Products and systems you develop are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when these goals are met.
- Develop and test circuit designs (analog, power, RF) for use in lighting control systems and stand-alone dimmers.
- Design, qualify, and launch production test equipment
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while working closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality products to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, circuit design, design reviews, testing, and trouble-shooting
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good design principles, process improvements, safety, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Work on cross-functional engineering teams on all aspects of the product life cycle - from PCB development to prototyping and testing all the way to launching into manufacturing and interacting with the end customer
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Three or more years of industry experience in electrical circuit design and development
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, or Math, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Strong understanding of analog circuits and physics fundamentals; power electronics experience or embedded programming experience is a plus
- Enjoys working collaboratively while also thriving in a leadership position
- Willingness to travel – visit and troubleshoot job sites, oversee manufacturing at other facilities, take offsite training courses, accompany a salesperson to showcase your new product to a customer
- Hands-on attitude and strong work ethic
- Communication skills with all departments and disciplines
- Ability to take direction from others while also being able to work independently
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Self-starting, inquisitive, flexible, multi-tasking
- Driven to maintain high standards of quality, even under pressure
- For almost 60 years, Lutron has innovated thousands of new products and has a broad repertoire of 3,000+ design and product patents.
- We develop our own hardware and software, which enables us to provide a superior end-to-end experience for our end users.
- Lutron’s engineers design and develop hardware solutions using leading technologies and processes.
- We have a collaborative culture, you will be working side by side on cross-functional teams with other highly skilled engineers and designers, learning from their experiences while still having your voice heard
Lutron is a human and technology-centered and people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The industry is born: Our founder’s first invention of an energy saving solid state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control systems for every market: Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Günzburg), NASA HQ, and multiple others.
- Smart connected systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest, IFTTT, and multiple others.
- Foster sustainability, save energy, and protect our environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually