Senior Electrical Hardware Engineer - Boynton Beach
Boynton Beach, FL
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron is a human and technology-centered and people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The industry is born: Our founder’s first invention of an energy saving solid state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control systems for every market: Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Günzburg), NASA HQ, and multiple others.
- Smart connected systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest, IFTTT, and multiple others.
- Foster sustainability, save energy, and protect our environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
Why is Lutron a good place for Analog Electrical Engineers
- We are an industry leader in lighting controls and have world class engineering teams
- For almost 60 years, Lutron has innovated many thousands of new products and has a large patent portfolio.
- We develop our hardware using leading technologies and processes, which enables us to provide superior end-to-end experience for our users.
- We have a collaborative culture, you will be working side by side on cross-functional teams with other highly skilled engineers and designers, learning from their experiences while still having your voice heard.
What you’ll do at Lutron
- You will design products drawing on skills in power electronics, signal processing, digital communication circuits, RF/antennas, optics, PCB layout, schematic capture, validation testing methods, manufacturing processes and technologies, electromechanical devices, and circuit simulation/analysis.
- Develop and test analog circuit designs for use in lighting control systems and stand-alone dimmers.
- Design, qualify, and launch production test equipment
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets
- Work closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality products to the end user
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good design principles, process improvements, safety, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Learn to mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
What we're looking for
- Approximately 3-8 years of industry experience in electrical circuit design and development
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Strong understanding of discrete circuitry and circuit design fundamentals; power electronics experience is a plus
- Enjoys working collaboratively while also thriving in a leadership position
- Ability to take direction from others while also being able to work independently
- Self-starting, multi-tasking, hands-on attitude and strong work ethic
- Communication skills and flexibility with all departments and disciplines
- Skillful and inquisitive at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Driven to maintain high standards of quality, even under pressure