Senior Application Quality Assurance Engineer
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Application Quality Assurance Engineer at our worldwide headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. As a successful Senior Application Quality Assurance Engineer, you will lead a team to work collaboratively with software developers and product managers to ensure world-class quality in Lutron’s innovative residential and commercial lighting & shading control systems.
You will join a dynamic group, learning from experiences and from one another and always seeking to discover innovative technologies, computing techniques, creative designs, and process improvement methods.
Ensure the integrity of Lutron’s web-based E-commerce applications:
- Own the quality of the product to make an exceptional customer experience and drive changes necessary for improvement
- Define and execute the test strategy for web applications to validate functionality, performance, reliability, etc.
- Lead a team of offshore and onsite quality assurance engineers to qualify individual user stories as well as releases
- Architect and develop software tools and automated tests to help support the development and testing of new and existing software
- Develop and refine metrics to track quality and process improvements over time
- Review, influence, and approve customer requirements, technical specifications, and test suites
- Specification and execution of manual tests when required
- Mediate between quality and development teams to ensure bugs are identified, reproduced, communicated, tracked, and verified
- Working with software engineers to consult and advocate testing tools and best practices
Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent with at least a 3.0 GPA
- 2 or more years of quality assurance leadership in web/cloud services, applications, and platforms
- 2 or more additional years of above experience, and/or application, system testing, or software design/development
- Experience defining test strategies for web applications and leading quality assurance engineers
- Experience developing and executing manual and automated test suites based on engineering and customer specifications
- Experience with application (UI/API/Unit) automation tools, BDD automation tools, monitoring tools, performance testing tools, and automation technologies such as Selenium, Microsoft Automation, Cucumber, Spec Flow, Rainforest, New Relic, and Azure Application Insights.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders to understand and reproduce issues
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills with attention to details
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com.