Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced RF Engineering Project Leader at our worldwide headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering development team, leading innovative analog and/or RF circuit electrical developments for lighting, shading and energy control systems.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to discover new technologies, computing techniques, new hardware technology, and process improvement methods. Products and systems you develop are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when these goals are met.
- Coach, mentor, and lead a team of Electrical Engineers, RF Engineers and Technicians working on new wireless product development.
- Manage RF PCB designs with the utilization of new RFIC silicon and prioritize work to meet project delivery objectives.
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good design principles, process improvements, safety, clean designs, smart testing and review practices.
- Collaborate with project leaders and functional leaders of mechanical, software and manufacturing engineering disciplines to achieve team goals.
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure product reliability and performance is obtained.
- Work with project leaders to drive product development of our growing line of wireless products
- Hands on implementation of RF Integrated Circuits while adhering to rigorous performance requirements and validation testing
- Build and test prototypes using RF test equipment such as Vector Network analyzers, Multi-port network analyzers, and Spectrum analyzers.
- Calculate wireless link budgets to ensure system margin to specifications.
- Mitigate the effect of noise on RF performance and the optimization of wireless multi-path effects.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineers on the packaging and placement of antennas within our products.
- Use the latest 3D EM simulation software to add in the design of the antenna and RF layouts on PCBs.
- Lead the process of obtaining regulatory compliance (FCC, CE, ETSI).
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, electrical and/or RF design, design reviews, testing, and trouble-shooting
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 7 or more years of industry experience in the field of electrical engineering and/or RF Integrated Circuit Implementation
- Experience leading Engineering projects or teams through all phases of development
- Experience directly supervising junior Engineers
- Thorough knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various wireless standards and testing wireless protocols.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience designing RF circuits and layouts up to a minimum of 3 GHz.
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics is positioned as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.