Project Manufacturing Engineer 2020 - Corporate Headquarters (PA)
Lehigh Valley, PA
Project Manufacturing Engineer - Corporate Headquarters (PA)
Do you want to take ownership of high-stakes projects from day one? Are you interested in developing smart, everyday products? Do you care about energy conservation and sustainability?
If so, see below for some of the exciting opportunities that Lutron has to offer.
As a Manufacturing Engineer at Lutron you will:
- Develop experience in multiple manufacturing areas such as:
- Design for assembly and manufacturing of a new product
- Assembly process development to meet efficiency and quality goals
- Manufacturing and assembly tooling specification
- Assembly line design
- Documentation and assembly instructions
- Prototype build support
- Product transfer to a long-term build facility
- Gain a diversity of experiences by collaborating with a wide array of teams like design engineering, quality, manufacturing plants located worldwide, operations and marketing to gain exposure to the strategic impact of your projects
- Work in a collaborative and challenging environment with opportunities to:
- Build expertise through on-the-job coaching and supervision
- Innovate high quality products that are used by real people
- Collaborate with teams in other engineering disciplines and other departments such as sales and operations, to gain exposure to the strategic impact of your projects
- Get significant ownership and engage in coordinating many phases of new product development
Does this sound interesting to you?
If it does, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Electrical or Industrial Engineering (or a related major),
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Detail oriented with a “root cause” driven approach to solutions
- Capable of wearing many hats and juggling multiple priorities
- Comfortable with a high degree of work assignment variation
- Desire to work collaboratively while also thriving in your professional career development
- Willingness to travel – examples include visiting and troubleshooting job sites, overseeing manufacturing at facilities, taking offsite training courses, accompanying a salesperson to showcase products to customers
- Strong mechanical aptitude, work ethic and hands-on attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Driven self-starter who is goal-oriented, inquisitive and flexible
- Quality focused with the ability to work under pressure
Lutron is the worldwide leader in lighting, automated shade and temperature controls, with headquarters in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania and engineering offices in Boston, Philadelphia, South Florida and Austin. We are a privately held manufacturing company with over 4000 design and product patents. We are at the forefront of innovating IoT products for smart homes and connected buildings. We provide solutions for residences that span from 500 sq. ft apartments to 10,000 sq. ft homes and commercial solutions for small office spaces to entire building complexes such as the New York Times Building, Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Empire State Building and the Guggenheim Museum.
With Lutron, you can control your lights, shades and temperature remotely from anywhere in the world.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.lutron.com
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics