Project Embedded Software Engineer 2020 - Philadelphia
Project Embedded Engineer - Philadelphia, PA
Do you want to take ownership of high-stakes projects from day one? Are you interested in developing smart, connected IoT systems? Do you care about energy conservation and sustainability?
If so, see below for some of the exciting opportunities that Lutron has to offer.
As an Embedded Engineer at Lutron you will:
- Develop mastery in multiple software areas such as:
- Microcontroller programming (bare metal)
- Real time operating systems
- Protocol/communication design and architecture
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies such as:
- uCos, Free RTOS
- ARM based microcontrollers
- Embedded Linux platform
- Wi-fi, Ethernet, Zigbee
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Cryptography
- Gain experience using different programming languages such as:
- Work in a collaborative and challenging environment with opportunities to:
- Participate in software review meetings, requirements gathering, pair programming, estimating features for the next release, and demoing the latest features to stakeholders
- Build expertise through on-the-job coaching and supervision
- Innovate high quality products that are used by real people
- Collaborate with teams in other engineering disciplines such as user interface design and other departments such as sales and operations to gain exposure to the strategic impact of your projects
- Get significant ownership and engage in all phases of new product development
Does this sound interesting to you?
If it does, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, or Math,
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Fundamental understanding of embedded software/hardware development
- Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented design, design patterns, good programming techniques, real-time schedulers
- Experience in some of these technical areas: device driver development including SPI, UART, I2C, ADC, protocol development, JIRA/GIT/Bitbucket tools, Real Time Embedded Systems, debugging using emulators & oscilloscopes, C, C++, control circuits using 8/32-bit ARM-based processors
- Desire to work collaboratively while also thriving in your professional career development
- Willingness to travel – examples include visiting and troubleshooting job sites, overseeing manufacturing at facilities, taking offsite training courses, accompanying a salesperson to showcase products to customers
- Strong work ethic and hands-on attitude
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Driven self-starter who is goal-oriented, inquisitive and flexible
- Quality focused with the ability to work under pressure
Lutron is the worldwide leader in lighting, automated shade and temperature controls, with headquarters in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania and engineering offices in Boston, Philadelphia, South Florida and Austin. We are a privately held manufacturing company with over 4000 design and product patents. We are at the forefront of innovating IoT products for smart homes and connected buildings. We provide solutions for residences that span from 500 sq. ft apartments to 10,000 sq. ft homes and commercial solutions for small office spaces to entire building complexes such as the New York Times Building, Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Empire State Building and the Guggenheim Museum.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.lutron.com
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.