Project Application Software Engineer 2020- Corporate Headquarters (PA)
Lehigh Valley, PA
Project Application Software Engineer - Corporate Headquarters (PA)
Do you want to take ownership of high-stakes projects from day one? Are you interested in developing smart, connected IoT systems? Do you care about energy conservation and sustainability?
If so, see below for some of the exciting opportunities that Lutron has to offer.
As a Software Engineer at Lutron you will:
- Develop mastery in multiple software areas like:
- IoT systems
- Distributed cloud services
- Data science and machine learning algorithms
- Web applications and mobile apps
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies such as
- Angular REST-based web services Python
- React HTML5 Golang
- .Net CSS3 Azure
- Java Swift Kubernetes
- Work in a collaborative and challenging environment with opportunities to:
- Participate in software review meetings, pair programming, estimating features for the next release, demoing the latest features to stakeholders
- Build expertise through on-the-job coaching and supervision
- Innovate high quality products that are used by real people
- Collaborate with teams in other engineering disciplines and other departments such as user interface design, sales and operations to gain exposure to the strategic impact of your projects.
- Get significant ownership and engage in all phases of new product development
Does this sound interesting to you?
If it does, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or a related major)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, object-oriented programming concepts, algorithm design and run-time analysis
- Familiarity with GUI development, Human Computer Interaction concepts
- Ability to implement loosely coupled, resilient and secure IoT systems
- Experience in multi-threaded, asynchronous and concurrent application design and development
- Desire to work collaboratively while also thriving in your professional career development
- Willingness to travel – examples include visiting and troubleshooting job sites, overseeing manufacturing at facilities, taking offsite training courses, accompanying a salesperson to showcase products to customers
- Strong work ethic and hands-on attitude
- Excellent communication & inter-personal skills
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Self-starter who is driven, goal-oriented, inquisitive and flexible
- Quality focused and driven with the ability to work under pressure
Lutron is the worldwide leader in lighting, automated shade and temperature controls, with headquarters in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania and engineering offices in Boston, Philadelphia, South Florida and Austin. We are a privately held manufacturing company with over 4000 design and product patents . We are at the forefront of innovating IoT products for smart homes and connected buildings. We provide solutions for residences that span from 500 sq. ft apartments to 10,000 sq. ft homes and commercial solutions for small office spaces to entire building complexes such as the New York Times Building, Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Empire State Building and the Guggenheim Museum. With Lutron, you can control your lights, shades and temperature remotely from anywhere in the world.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.lutron.com
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics