Lehigh Valley, PA
Product Manager – Residential Systems Wall Controls
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for Product Manager – Residential Systems Wall Controls.
As Product manager of Wall Controls for Lutron Residential Systems, you will be responsible for some of Lutron’s most beautiful and well-known products such as Palladiom, SeeTouch, Grafik T, Architrave and Signiature Series. Our wall controls are the face of Lutron in luxury residences and our offering sets the aesthetic, performance and quality standards for the world’s most demanding clientele. The form and finishes of Lutron’s wall controls excite home owners, interior designers and architects about the potential of personalized control.
As product manager, you will be dedicated to defining and bringing highly aesthetic and technologically advanced product to market to market. You will change the way home owners live in their residence and enhance the design of their space. As the nexus of sales, engineering, operations, and the market, you will gather insights and develop strategies to win the hearts and minds of home owners and specifiers.
Know the Market, the Business and the Customer
- Demonstrate full grasp of Lutron’s business model, sales process, distribution channels, supply chain
- Create a compelling customer experience that encourages specifiers, channels and end users to engage with the product and create business
- Understand and articulate market opportunities, dynamics and technology trends
- Establish a deep understanding of the market
Lead product roadmap development
- Lead product roadmap development
- Collaborate with product development teams to develop detailed customer specifications and make tradeoffs
- Ensures balanced portfolio from breakthrough innovation to derivatives
- Connect all the dots (e.g. market data + Lutron business + customer knowledge) to build business case for new investment
- Build engagement, consensus and buy-in across Sales, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and Top Management
Execute Product Launch through Alpha, Beta and Gamma
- Lead development of marketing message, communication plan and launch/nurturing campaigns
- Rally the organization around the product and launch
- Own, drive, and learn from alpha, beta, gamma program (test every aspect of the product)
Active Management of the Product Portfolio
- Maximize revenue and profits through entire product lifecycle; plans how to reach new customers/segments
- Continually monitor portfolio (what’s working, not, why, and what are we doing about it; prunes losers & feeds winners)
- Prior experience in high design hardware for luxury residences (e.g., aesthetics; user interface; etc.) preferred
- Ability and desire to take projects from inception to completion.
- Proven experience assessing market potential, develop marketing strategy, and executing successful campaigns
- 10 years work experience, +5 years in product management or business leadership
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to create a compelling vision of the future
- Capable of building a compelling business case - strong business acumen
- Superior market instinct - can gather market insights, connect the dots and develop a winning strategy for their category
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time for customer visits, industry events, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in international business and markets is a plus
- Flexibility to respond to an ever-changing business landscape.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit; always questions how to do things better; willing to take calculated risks
- Solid technical acumen/understanding; insight into where technology is going
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at . EOE/AA.