Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Procurement Electrical Engineer with 2 to 5 years electrical engineering design or manufacturing experience. In this position, you would leverage your electrical engineering design skills to support the Procurement Engineering team and Lutron’s global supply base.
A successful Procurement Electrical Engineer will ….
- Drive component level qualification efforts as suppliers update component designs and process for quality and cost.
- Complete electrical engineering analysis of components and circuit assemblies and work with senior engineers and quality to implement change.
- Conduct effective design reviews to share your work and gather feedback for alternatives and improvements
- Reduce component costs through lower cost supplier/technology identification and qualification.
- Support strategic buyers in building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers around the world to ensure top quality components, innovation, continued product support and lowest delivered cost.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities to achieve the strategic improvement goals and costs improvements.
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good design principles, process improvements, safety, aesthetics, smart testing and review practices.
- Understand the electronics market and new product design process
- Work with overseas Lutron plants and supplier teams
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years work experience in electrical engineering and part design, electrical component packaging or purchasing/supply chain
- Thorough knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals and the ability to work with a team
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various electrical component manufacturing processes or manufacturing production processes.
- Excellent communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful and inquisitive at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Familiar with basic supply chain and procurement practices and vocabulary
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in annual double-digit growth. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA.