Process Improvement Manager
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Process Improvement Manager. In this position, you would be a key part of the Trade Compliance team. A successful Process Improvement Manager will ….
Contributions & Responsibilities:
- Perform root cause analysis in the areas of process controls & data transfers for existing systems and processes to understand impacts and exposures to trade compliance.
- Define specifications for system solutions.
Lead analysis to identify and evaluate multiple solutions in the areas of cost, benefit, risk mitigation, implementation plan, and required resources.
- Lead global, cross-functional, geographically distributed teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Apply consistent project management approaches and processes, identify and report roadblocks and variances to project plan, ensure projects are on schedule and achieve stated objectives. Coordinate with team members to identify and document resource constraints.
- Manage the planning, coordination, resources, timing, and costs of the activities of the project team as they relate to the project.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive and detailed project plans that summarize critical short and long-term tasks, cost targets, budget performance and intermediate deliverables
- Take ownership in all project issues with a hands-on approach to root cause analysis and problem resolution while leading team to fact-based decision making.
- Develop excellent working relationships with cross functional team members and win the support of key stakeholders within the organization.
- Be a champion of change management.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
BS degree from a 4 year college or university in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Science, or related technical degree with at least a 3.0 GPA
Min. 10 years experience in forms of engineering and/or process engineering.
Min. 3 years experience leading teams
Min. 2 years supervising others
Critical, creative thinker
Strong root cause analysis skills
Ability to drive solutions cross functionally (trade, logistics, manufacturing, IT, purchasing, engineering)
Excellent problem solver
Strong sense of initiative
Strong communication skills via written, verbal & presentation
Comfortable working through undefined problems
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA