New Product Manufacturing Engineer
Ketra, a Lutron Electronics company, has an immediate opening for a New Product Introduction (NPI) Manufacturing Engineer in Austin, TX. In this position, you will ensure new products are manufacturable and initial development runs are successful. A key part of the New Product Development Manufacturing Engineering team, your work sets the foundation for both product launch success and efficient, quality production processes for years to come. To be a successful Manufacturing Engineer you will use your cross-functional leadership, technical knowledge, and communication skills to develop the product and process to support the launch of new products and improve profitability.
- Work as part of the New Product Development teams to drive Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Design, specify, and validate world-class manufacturing processes to achieve cost, quality, and capacity goals
- Drive manufacturing readiness for product launch and transfer to production
- Work closely with Lutron's worldwide manufacturing facilities to ensure successful product transfer
- Drive strategic improvement projects to support continuous improvement of Ketra’s manufacturing processes
- Develop the list of equipment needed for the manufacturing process
- Conduct manufacturing process peer reviews, and address actions items
- Oversee product builds, note and resolve all process issues
- Create process documentation
- Analyze build data, and determine process capability and address issues
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (ME or EE preferred) and MS degree a plus
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- 3-5 years of relative work experience
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent sense of urgency
- ProEngineer/Creo experience a plus
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light – from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron’s history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.