New Product Manufacturing Engineer
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a New Product Introduction (NPI) Manufacturing Engineer. In this position, you will ensure new products are manufacturable and initial development runs are successful. A key part of the New Product Development Manufacturing Engineering team, your work sets the foundation for both product launch success and efficient, quality production processes for years to come. To be a successful Manufacturing Engineer you will use your cross-functional leadership, technical knowledge, and communication skills to develop the product and process to support the launch of new products and improve profitability. You will work with factory manufacturing engineers during the product transfer to production.
- Work as part of the New Product Development teams to drive Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Design, specify, and validate world-class manufacturing processes to achieve cost, quality, and capacity goals
- Drive manufacturing readiness for product launch and transfer to production
- Work closely with Lutron's worldwide manufacturing facilities to ensure successful product transfer
- Drive strategic improvement projects to support continuous improvement of Lutron's manufacturing processes
- Develop the list of equipment needed for the manufacturing process
- Conduct manufacturing process peer reviews, and address actions items
- Oversee product builds, note and resolve all process issues
- Create process documentation
- Analyze build data, and determine process capability and address issues
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering (ME or EE preferred) and MS degree a plus
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent sense of urgency
- ProEngineer experience a plus
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.