Mechanical Project Leader
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Mechanical Project Leader at our world headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering development team, developing innovative mechanical designs for lighting and energy control systems.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to discover new technologies, design techniques, materials technology, and aesthetic design. The products and systems you develop are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when these goals are met.
- Design and validate mechanical designs for new products while keeping in mind design for manufacturability at both our vendors and in Lutron's facilities
- Work with multi-discipline project team to ensure that design meets overall product requirements.
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while working closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality products to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, materials selection, thermodynamics, testing, trouble-shooting, and aesthetics
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 8 or more years of industry experience in the field of mechanical engineering
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering principles
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various manufacturing processes including injection molding, stamping, and thermoforming
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
- Technical experience required is the majority of the areas:
- Efficient in 3D CAD modeling (Pro-E a plus)
- Applying heat transfer principles
- Vendor/Supplier management
- Manufacturing processes (e.g. injection molding, stamping, thermoforming)
Lutron Electronics’ position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE.