Mechanical Product Design Leader
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Product Design Leader. In this position, you have the opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative product design team. A successful candidate will use their extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering and product design to develop world class, innovative new products.
- Develop world class, innovative new products to be used in lighting control systems.
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety or requirements and feature sets while working closely with a team of highly skilled engineering professionals to develop world class products for the end user.
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others by ensuring the use of solid design principles, continuous process improvement, top notch model making, overall aesthetics, cognition and ergonomics of product designs, delivering outstanding customer and user experiences, smart testing and review practices, challenging the status quo.
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of the individuals and teams in the engineering department.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values: be passionate, be flexible and adaptable to change, be an innovative thinker, be customer focused, be ethical.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (with dual BFA in Industrial Design preferred)
- 8+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of mechanical engineering and product design excellence
- Have outstanding knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals, to include: injection plastic molding, stamped metal components, and machined metal components.
- Have industrial design skills, and an appreciation for the importance of industrial design.
- Hands on Mechanical Product Design Experience.
- Experience making physical models
- Must be a proactive and clear communicator
- Experience working and leading cross functionally across an organization
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.