Manufacturing Operations Manager
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for an Manufacturing Operations Manager with our Shading Solutions group in Ashland, Va. In this position, you will lead the manufacturing engineering team to increase the efficiency and quality of Lutron manufacturing processes. A successful Operations Manager will use cross-functional leadership, technical knowledge, and communication skills to improve profitability on existing products as well as timely introductions of new products at our automated shading solutions manufacturing facility.
- Provide leadership for the local team of process experts.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles to design, specify, and validate world-class manufacturing processes to achieve cost, quality, and capacity goals.
- Lead the planning and implementation of facility and line layouts.
- Drive manufacturing readiness for product launch and transfer to production
- Lead strategic improvement projects to support continuous improvement of Lutron's manufacturing processes
- Establish metrics to track improvement over time
- Improve KPI's
- Strong fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes and production environments
- Knowledge of low cost and high quality process design, lean manufacturing principles, and new product cost drivers
- 6-10 years of applicable manufacturing experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering with strong understanding of Mechanical and Electrical fundamentals
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent analytic skills
- Excellent sense urgency
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.