Manager, Global Corporate Tax Compliance
Lehigh Valley, PA
Title: Manager, Global Corporate Tax Compliance
In over 50 years of innovation, Lutron has invented hundreds of lighting control devices and systems, and expanded their product offering from two products to over 15,000. Lutron continues to lead innovation in the market for high-quality lighting controls and window shade technology, as well as wired and wireless systems, to integrate the control of both daylight and electric light.
A privately held company, Lutron is headquartered in Coopersburg, PA, about 50 miles north of Philadelphia. Lutron is a global company with operations on every major continent.
This is a key role within the Tax-Finance function reporting to our Senior Director – Tax. This global role will have broad tax compliance responsibilities including income, sales/use, VAT, and property taxes. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure accurate and timely compliance with all applicable tax laws. In this position, you will leverage your tax knowledge and experience to increase efficiencies and implement improvements to existing tax processes.
- Accountable for maintaining stellar reputation with all taxing authorities in jurisdictions where Lutron does business including assuring all returns and payments are made timely (monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.).
- Serve as primary Lutron liaison to our external tax preparers. Ensure that required data is accurately and timely furnished.
- Lead calculation of tax credits/incentives including federal and state R&D tax credits, state manufacturing and employment incentives, property tax abatements, etc.
- Drive organization to eliminate all tax penalties, inclusive of timeliness of all tax payments.
- Stay current with changes to tax laws in jurisdictions in which Lutron does business and proactively lead cross-functional project teams to implement solutions that keep Lutron compliant.
- Support the Tax Director and business leaders in researching tax impacts of various transactions, including tax due diligence for M&A activity, entering new markets/countries, and systemic tax reporting requirements.
- Take an active role in the conduct of audits by governmental agencies and oversee the day-to-day compliance with auditor's needs.
- Help in mitigating tax risks by preparing guidance and recommendations to management.
- 8 – 12+ years of career experience, most recently working in a multinational corporate tax department, with strong preference for experience in the manufacturing sector
- Hands-on experience with preparing/reviewing US Federal corporate tax forms including 1120, 5471, 8858, 1118, 6765, 4562, 3115, 1042, FATCA, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Federal/State and International Income Tax laws, including US treatment of foreign earnings
- Exposure and familiarity with a broad variety of indirect tax regimes including sales/use, VAT, property, gross receipts, etc.
- MS/LLM in Taxation preferred
- CPA license a plus
- GPA of 3.2 or higher for all higher education achieved (bachelor’s and graduate degrees)
- Skilled analytical capability and proficiency with Microsoft Excel; Other exposure to analytics platforms and experience with JD Edwards or similar ERP accounting modules a plus.
- Superior time management and problem-solving skills with ability to operate autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Highly analytical mindset, a strong work ethic and extreme attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex tax concepts to non-tax professionals including senior leaders
Perpetual Insights, LLC and our client, Lutron provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.