Engineering Development Program 2019 - Embedded Software Engineer - Lehigh Valley, PA
Lehigh Valley, PA
Engineering Development Program - Embedded Software Engineer - Lehigh Valley, PA
Do you want real-world, hands-on experience? Are you looking to network with interdisciplinary teams across a company? Do you want to make a positive impact with a global reach?
If so, join Lutron’s Engineering Development Program and you’ll develop the skills and knowledge needed to win in the world of innovation. In this program you will:
- Take ownership of real engineering projects, from day one
- Solve challenging technical problems
- Get first-hand exposure to various aspect of the business
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary engineers, business managers, customers, and suppliers
- Learn new embedded software design skills and technologies
- Innovate with the leading smart home and IoT technologies
- Foster sustainability , save energy, and protect our environment
- Provide superior end-to-end user experience with Lutron developed software and hardware
- …and more!
Lutron Electronics is the world leader in the design and manufacture of lighting controls, temperature controls and shading solutions for residential and commercial applications.
What you will do at Lutron
- Use your excellent communication skills to engage cross functional teams while solving complex problems with skill, enthusiasm, and creativity
- Deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user by working closely with a team of highly skilled and passionate engineering professionals
- Develop robust, reliable, scalable embedded software applications for world-class control systems
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices
- Bring multiple pieces of software together to form a distributed system that solves the needs of our customers
- Balance a variety of priorities and tasks related to: requirements gathering, system architecture design, protocol and communications architecture, database and object model design, software development, testing, trouble-shooting, and software maintenance
- Build strong co-worker relationships that will last a lifetime
Does this sound interesting to you?
If so, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, or Math, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Strong understanding of embedded coding in object-oriented design, database design principles, basic concurrency concepts, and fundamental programming techniques
- Willingness to travel – go to other engineering offices to touch base with team members and conduct reviews , visit and troubleshoot job sites, oversee manufacturing at other facilities, take offsite training courses, showcase your new product to a customer
- Hands-on attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to take direction from others while also being able to work independently
- Self-starting, inquisitive, flexible, multi-tasking
- Experience in some of these technical areas: Object-oriented programming concepts (encapsulation, polymorphism, interfaces), C, Python, shell scripting, modern C++, network and inter-process communication, embedded Linux, RTOS, database design, automated testing
For more information: careers.lutron.com , LinkedIn, Twitter @lutronjobs, YouTube lutronjobs
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.