Engineering and Quality Information Technology Specialist
Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for an Engineering and Quality Information Technology Specialist. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering and Quality Information Technology team. A successful Engineering and Quality Information Technology Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and development of application life-cycle management (ALM), product lifecycle management (PLM), product data management (PDM), and computer aided design (CAD) systems and processes used by the engineering organization. They are responsible for application maintenance and will work cross-functionally with all business functions (Quality, Document Control, IT, Operations, application super-users, etc.) to integrate processes and systems across the enterprise. This individual will develop and work with superusers of individual tools to provide support to the user community. They will triage and prioritize all service requests and escalations to third party support vendors as appropriate. They will implement the engineering IT strategies developed by others.
Basic Administration, Security & Maintenance
- Provide onsite maintenance, administration, and upgrade support for assigned systems
- Provide application performance management and reporting
- Work with IT department for environment planning (monitor CPU, RAM, and disk space growth and plan for expansion or clean-up)
- Support and perform code deployments and configuration changes at the system level with support of third-party application service providers.
- Ensure all projects and spaces are configured to be functional and secure.
- Own and manage complex change workflows (note: this might belong to super users with support from this role)
- Lead projects and activities for improvement and maintenance of assigned systems (coordination of all sites/departments and IT resources)
- Innovate/create design automation efficiencies by utilizing untapped capabilities of the assigned tool suites.
- Functional support for the enhancement, development, implementation, migration, and upgrade of CAD/PDM/PLM systems
- Develop paths for external collaboration without compromising security policies.
- Create new automation techniques to share data between MCAD, ECAD, PLM, PDM, ALM, and ERP systems.
- Offer innovative solutions to technically complex engineering process problems
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in the assigned tools and bring in capabilities as appropriate.
User Training & Support
- Develop and work with application super-users to provide support
- Assist in the development and maintenance of training materials for users
- Guide engineering teams to master all features for assigned software applications with an overall goal of improving departmental efficiency
- Act as an advocate of PLM/CAD best practices, methods, and processes
- Provide expert knowledge of PDM vault configuration and data management
- Support users in the application of CAD software and the proper use of the CAD storage vault and associated workflows
- Manage new user onboarding, setup, permissions, etc.
- Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science (BSEE, BSCE, BIS, BSCS, MSEE, MSCE, MIS, MSCS).
- 5 yrs. of application, implementation, administration, and support experience (Altium, Creo, Windchill, Atlassian, E1, etc.) in a product development and engineering environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Work well in multi-disciplined engineering environment with many product design toolsets
- Work independently on most assigned tasks
- Knowledge of Lean/Agile methods of product development and release
- Hands on, willing to enter data if necessary
- Knowledge of databases, server setups, hardware analysis, and performance tuning a plus
- Understanding of configuration management best practices throughout the product lifecycle
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA