Lehigh Valley, PA
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for a DevOps Engineer. In this position, you will have the opportunity to engage with experienced cross-disciplinary engineers to maintain and evolve our modern CI/CD pipeline, fully automate deployment processes, identify and implement creative ways to reduce build time, and continuously improve and accelerate adoption of CI/CD best practices. Lutron solutions are built with end-to-end experiences across a variety of platforms, all of which must be streamlined to ensure smooth and trouble-free delivery of working software packages.
In this role, you will create and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations; you will also research, recommend and implement off-the-shelf solutions and plug-ins, as well as assist in defining roadmaps for cloud deployments. In addition, you will play a critical role in building systems to manage and automate servers.
You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic group—learning from experiences and from one another; we are always seeking to discover new technologies, computing techniques, innovative designs, and process improvement methods. Products and systems you develop are destined for use in exciting residential and commercial environments, providing concrete goals and a high degree of satisfaction when these goals are met.
• Manage and improve the existing CI infrastructure for multiple teams and projects
• Implement and accelerate adaptation of CI/CD best practices
• Help the development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging, and production environments
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and remove human intervention
• Collaborate with architects and software delivery leadership to uncover pain points and opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new business value through software
• Participate in evaluating new tools and technology in the fast-moving cloud space
• Work closely with the Infrastructure Team to create and maintain efficiencies for both development and operations
Stay aligned to Lutron’s culture and values
• Be passionate
• Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
• Be an innovative thinker
• Be customer focused
• Be ethical
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
• 3-8 years experience working in a DevOps and/or software/systems build engineering role
• Strong understanding of DevOps concepts and architectures
• Strong background in Agile software engineering practices
• Solid knowledge of build systems and processes
• Strong hands-on experience with tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
• Strong hands-on experience with scripting platforms such as Python, Shell, Groovy, etc.
• Strong Linux experience
• IP Networking fundamentals
• Container-based service architecture
• Background in systems administration
• Embedded development
• Knowledge in software testing best practices
• Familiarity with AWS and Azure
• C++ knowledge is a plus
• IoT knowledge is a plus
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA