Corporate Tax Compliance Lead
Lehigh Valley, PA
Reporting into the Senior Director & Tax Counsel, this the Corporate Tax Compliance Lead is responsible for complying with and advising on federal and state corporate tax matters. This role will be broadened to the taxation of barring incoming in the US as well as foreign tax compliance. A successful candidate will have developmental opportunities to growing into manager roles within organization.
As part of the team, this person will grow to ensure Lutron's compliance with all income tax requirements, while identifying opportunities to lower Lutron's global tax burden. This person will collaborate with the Tax team to increase efficiencies and implement improvements in various operational tax processes including sales tax, use tax, VAT and property tax areas. This will be a key member of the tax team, with high visibility to all levels within the organization.
- Serve as liaison between internal accounting/finance staff and our external income tax compliance service providers. Ensure that required data is timely and accurately furnished.
- Assist in efforts to reduce the growing organization's tax burden while adhering to all federal, state, local, and eventually international tax laws; assist in the elimination of all material tax penalties. Participate in ensuring tax payments are made accurately and in a timely manner.
- Stay current on latest tax developments related to Federal and State matters.
- Support the Head of Tax and partner with senior Tax professionals on projects related to tax structuring, research, planning, and optimization.
- Assist the tax compliance for any mergers or acquisitions.
- Take an active role in the conduct of audits by governmental agencies and oversee the day-to-day compliance with auditor's needs.
- Responsible for research of tax issues that are assigned or arise in support of the business and provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Support the organization’s Legal, Finance, and Strategy teams on firm-wide business initiatives.
- Help in mitigating tax risks by preparing guidance and recommendations to management.
- Support compliance with transfer pricing policy.
- Grow into responsibility for understanding tax requirements for new country entry.
- Learn impact of indirect taxes on business operations and grow compliance efficiencies.
- 6 – 10+ years of career experience, ideally recently working within an internal corporate tax department, preferably in a multinational manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of Federal & State Income Tax regulations required, with exposure to indirect tax preferred
- CPA license or MS in Taxation preferred
- GPA of 3.2 or higher for all higher education achieved (bachelor’s and graduate degrees)
- Skilled analytical capability and proficiency with Microsoft Excel; Other exposure to analytics platforms and experience with JD Edwards or similar ERP accounting modules a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to operate autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Highly analytical mindset, a strong work ethic and extreme attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex tax concepts to non-tax colleagues
In over 50 years of innovation, Lutron has invented hundreds of lighting control devices and systems, and expanded their product offering from two products to 15,000. The company has advanced the technology of lighting control while maintaining top market position by focusing on exceptional quality and design. Lutron continues to lead the market in high-quality lighting controls for fluorescent, halogen incandescent, magnetic low-voltage, electronic low-voltage and LED light sources.
Lutron has also led innovations in window shade technology for the control of daylight, as well as wired and wireless systems, to integrate the control of both daylight and electric light.
A privately held company, Lutron is headquartered in Coopersburg, PA, about 50 miles north of Philadelphia. Lutron sales and service offices are located worldwide, with offices in London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Beijing.
Lutron provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.